Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Newest Illustrative Challenge


I don't usually like to post twice in one day because it seems to sort of "knock" the other post down a bunch. But I wanted to share my newest challenge. I like to challenge myself. 
I have a habit of not finishing what I start and this sometime takes the form of the less obvious "I like to shortcut when I could do much better" problem. Which sort of happened with this one. I had grand hopes for it and could have done MUCH better getting this to really work right and be really in your face amazing. But instead I had work to do and the time it would have taken would have sucked away from time I needed to do my other things. So until I can sit down and work on this technique for a more significant amount of time, here is my latest attempt. :)

PS - I know the drop shadows on the splashes make them look flat, but I didn't have the time to work them up right. I'm sure I could have done more with the background and some more media, like vectors and swirls, but ... ok. I'm just going to shut up and post it :) lol





No comments: